Extract from the Austrian Hotel Contract Conditions 1981
§ 1 General Information
The (general) Austrian Hotel Contract Conditions are the basis for the main contract content, which usually exist as accommodation contract between Austrian accommodations and their guests.
The Austrian Hotel Contract Conditions do not exclude special agreements.
§ 4 Beginning and Ending of the Accommodation
(1) Arrival: arrival only from 1.00 pm onwards (or according to special arrangements) possible !
(2) The harbourer has the right to withdraw from the contract, if the guest does not arrival on the agreed-on day of arrival until 6.00 pm, unless a later time of arrival has been agreed on.
(3) If the guest made a deposit, the room (rooms) remains reserved and free until 12.00 pm the following day.
(4) If a room is used prior to 6.00 am for the first time, the previous day counts as first night at the accommodation.
(5) Departure: on the day of departure the rooms have to be freed until 10.00 am the latest. If the guest leaves earlier, the room price will be charged.
§ 5 Withdrawal from the Accommodation Contract
(1) Until 3 months prior to the day of arrival (the latest) the guest can cancel the accommodation contract without paying a cancellation fee. Both contract partners can cancel the contract via unilateral declaration. The cancellation must arrive at the accommodation 3 months prior to the day of arrival, the latest!
(2) Until 1 month prior to the day of arrival (the latest) the guest can cancel the accommodation contract via unilateral declaration. However, the guest must pay a cancellation fee (room price für 3 days).
The cancellation must arrive at the accommodation 1 month prior to the day of arrival, the latest!
Group reservations (starting from 10 persons), generally, a deposit is requested. If a cancellation takes place (also partially) the harbourer has the right to cash the cancellation fee with the deposit (security deposit) made beforehand. For group reservations, only cancellations undertaken up to 6 weeks prior to arrival are free of charge.
(3) The harbourer has the right to withdraw from the accommodation contract, if the guest does not arrive until 6.00 pm on the (agreed-on) day of arrival, unless a later point of time has been agreed on.
(4) If the guest has made a deposit, the room (rooms) stay available until 12.00 pm the following day.
(5) Even if the guest does not use the rooms/pension services, he/she nevertheless is responsible for the payment of the agreed-on total price. The harbourer, however, must deduct, what has not been used in services or what he/she has gained via the reselling of the requested rooms. From experience, it can be said that in most of the cases the reduction of costs for the accommodation are approx. 20 % of the room price and 30 % of the meals.
(6) The harbourer has the right, to resell the unused rooms (4 1107 ABGB)
§ 6 Provision of an alternative accommodation
(1) The harbourer may offer the guest an adequate alternative accommodation if this is reasonable for the guest. The alternative must be marginal in difference to the original accommodation and must be of objective justification.
(2) An objective justifiction, for example, is the case, if the room (rooms) have become unusable, if guest, who stayed in the same room would like to extend their stay or any other important operational measures require this step.
(3) Any additional expenditures for the alternative accommodation must be taken care of by the harbourer.
§ 7 Rights of Guests
(1) With the closing of an accommodation contract the guest gains the right to the usual usage of the accommodations' rooms, the hotel equipment, which is usually easily accessible for the guest, and the right to service.
(2) The guest has the right to move into the (agreed-on) room (rooms) starting from 2.00 pm on the day of arrival.
(3) If half-board and all-inclusive is agreed on, the guest has the right to receive alternative meals (lunch packs) or vouchers, for meals, he/she does not take, if he/she declares this early enough (up to 6.00 pm on the previous day).
(4) Otherwise, the guest has no right to claim compensation if the harbourer is ready and willing to offer the service, and if the guest does not take advantage of the agreed-on usual serving-times within the usual facilities.
§ 8 Payment- and Reservation Terms
(1) The terms of the Austrian Hotel Regulation including the added special agreements within the above-mentioned version apply.
(2) If a deposit (security deposit) was charged, in case of a cancellation this amount will be set off with the added cancellation fee.
(3) If not agreed on otherwise, the total amount of the reservation is to be payed prior to departure.
(4) Place of jurisdiction is Zell am Ziller.
Information on Reservations / Reservations
Contract partner for the accommodation contract is the Walter Tipotsch GmbH, Lanersbach 449, A-6293 TUX. Binding reservations must be sent in written form (letter, fax or email) and will be officially affirmed and accepted also without signature.